Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My favourite particle physicist

OK, so he's actually the only particle physicist I know- Professor Brian Cox. I have been in awe of this man for a good few years now, ever since I first saw him on TV talking about science. If you know me, you'll know that science is (sadly) not one of my strong subjects but I think that Brian's enthusiasm on the subject is enough to teach anyone the basics at least. Prof.Cox- I salute you.


I'm not sure about the background on this one- I just went a bit crazy with pattern and colour to see what would happen. I used coloured pencils for the initial portrait and then introduced my old favourite- the permanent marker. The halo-esque shape just proves that old habits are hard to break. I do quite like the idea of depicting Brian Cox as a modern day icon.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Catriona. Brian Cox is a modern day icon!! I really like your skin tones. And the background is really vibrant and fun.

    ReplyDelete